Watermelon and Feta Salad with Oregano and Balsamic Vinaigrette
It is the pinnacle of summer and if you live in the Toronto area, the heat is REAL. So, it comes as no surprise that it feels great to sit down and eat a nice refreshing Watermelon Salad.
I first tried watermelon and feta together at a BBQ when I was in Australia. The flavour combination blew my mind, and it’s been a favourite of mine ever since. You wouldn’t think the two would go good together, but the truth is they compliment each-other perfectly!
I decided to make my very own take on the classic, and added the aromatic oregano, a touch of lemon juice and salt, and a drizzle of Balsamic Dressing. It was absolutely magical and hugely refreshing!
This salad is absurdly easy to make and easy on the wallet as well!
- 3 Cups Watermelon
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 2 Cups Feta Cheese
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Lemon Juice to taste
- Cube the watermelon and put into a salad bowl.
- Cut the feta into thin angular pieces
- Add in the fresh oregano leaves, salt and lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and serve